SAP ABAP Technical Interview Questions and Answers
1) What is SAP ABAP?
SAP Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) is the primary programming to develop RICEFW objects. It is used for customize and program SAP software.
2) What do you mean by ABAP data dictionary?
This dictionary is used for describing objects used in application development. With help of these one can get information about primary relational database present in the tables.
3) What are the difference Pool tables and transparent tables?
Transparent tables table will have one to one relation with the database tables, while pooled tables have many to one relation with database tables.
4) What is Batch Data Communications (BDC)?
This is a mechanical way to move outside data into SAP system. Queue file receives the data by input programs and groups that are associated into sessions.
5) What do you mean by data classes?
Master Data, Transaction Data, Organization Data and System Data are four types of data classes.
6) Explain internal tables?
One can find internal table while running the program and is used for performing table calculations
7) What are the functional modules used in BDC sequence?
In BDC sequence there are three functional modules used for transferring by using BDC programming. These are as follows.
(I) BDC_INSERT (II) BDC_INSERT (III) BDC_OPEN_GROUP
8) What is a foreign key relationship?
Foreign keys are used to maintain consistency of data. In ABAP dictionary this is used for defining relationship between tables. For example there are two tables T1 and T2 and we want to link these tables than we can use foreign keys and assign fields of table T1 to the primary key fields of table T2.
9) What is Smart Forms?
Smart Forms are used to make forms by using a graphical design tool.
10) What we used for formatting ABAP code?
Pretty Printer is used for formatting ABAP code.
11) What is lock object?
Same data Lock objects are used for synchronizing access of several users.
12) How cluster table stores data?
Multiple DDIC tables’ data is stored in cluster table. The data is stored as name value pair.
13) How can you debug a script form?
Below is the way to debug script form
SE71–>give the form name->utilities->activate debugger
14) Before writing statement how we can format data in the report?
The reports output can be formatted by using Loop event
- a) .at first
- b) .at new
- c) .at last
15) Explain different types of data dictionary objects?
Data dictionary objects
- Data Element
- Type Groups
- Search Helps/Match code Objects
- Lock Objects
- Table Types
16) Mention different databases Integrities?
Different types of database integrities are
- Semantic Integrity
- Operational Integrity
- Relational Integrity
- Semantic Integrity
- Primary Key Integrity
- Foreign Key Integrity
- Value Set Integrity
17) What is dispatcher?
SAP dispatcher is a control agent which manages R/3 applications resources.
18) What is ABAP Memory and SAP Memory?
ABAP is local memory, while SAP is a global memory.
Important transaction Codes for SAP ABAP Developer
- ABAP Dictionary – SE11
- Function builder – SE37
- Class builder – SE24
- Generate Table Maintenance – SE54
- ABAP Development Workbench – SE80
- Data Browser – SE16
- SAP directorie structure – AL11
- Logical file path definitions – FILE
- Execute SAP ABAP program – SA38
- IDoc and ALE development – SALE
- Client Copy, copy transport – SCC1
- Workbench organizer – SE09
SAP is an enterprise resource planning package provided by SAP AG. SAP AG is a provider of software services and is based in Germany. SAP ERP is a combination of different modules. These modules can be divided in two parts functional and technical.
Functional: SAP HRM (Human Resource Management), SAP PP (Production Planning), SAP MM (Material Management), SAP FSCM (Financial Supply Chain Management), SAP SD (Sales and Distribution) SAP PS (Project System), SAP FICO (Financial Accounting and Controlling), SAP PM (Plant Maintenance) and SAP QM (Quality Management)
Technical: SAP Basis, SAP Security, SAP ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming), SAP HANA (High Performance Analytic Appliance), SAP NetWeaver, SAP IS (Information Systems Management), SAP CRM Technical module (Customer Relationship Management), SAP XI (Exchange Infrastructure) and SAP Solution Manager.