Amazon Web Service (AWS) is a representative of the ‘cloud service platform ‘ and boasts the world’s top share in the industry. On the cloud service platform, one can instantly access various services that make it easy, quick and inexpensive to process various web processes. Similar services include ‘Google Could Platform’ and ‘Microsoft Azure’. On the other hand, DevOps refers to the concept that ‘developers (Dev) and operators (Ops) cooperate with each other to realize the value of a business’.
Concept of DevOps
‘Development teams and operations teams (Operations) collaborate with each other, thereby enhancing the value of the business through software that is developed and managed, thereby delivering value to customers’.
Four Axes of DevOps
Automation from ‘program change to environment change’ is generally called CI / CD (continuous integration / continuous delivery). In order to carry out this automation, it is necessary to use a suitable tool as well. There is no strict definition of DevOps words themselves, but we can classify them with four axes to make it a bit more understandable.
- Culture – Environment where Processes, People, and Technologies influence each other
- Process – Structure to meet the needs of business and employees
- People – Provide knowledge, skills, process capabilities
- Technology – Tools and technologies used for communication and operational efficiency
Why AWS for DevOps
- Get Started Fast
- Fully Managed Services
- Built for Scale
- Large Partner Ecosystem
- Pay As You Go
Realize CI / CD with AWS
In order to realize CI / CD, it is important to test the infrastructure as well as the application and repeat the confirmation. CodeDeploy and CloudFormation were introduced as functions of AWS that can be used for that purpose. Functional merit is that you can automate the deployment of infrastructure as well as applications as well as being able to automate deployment by checking YML templates etc.
If you look at DevOps from the tool, you should seek to measure the infrastructure performance as well as the software development lifecycle to create an environment that eliminates waste and bottlenecks. It is impossible to maximize the effect of DevOps unless you are able to visualize the performance of each application and infrastructure.
However, it is impossible to implement DevOps without introducing tools. AWS provides tools for DevOps. If you are already using AWS, you can use the tools introduced below even today.
- AWS CodeCommit – CodeCommit is a managed version control service hosting Git repositories and can work with existing Git based tools. Files are structured as repositories and there are no restrictions on repository size and number of files. You can continue to use existing Git skills, tools and practices, as you will see immediately.
- AWS CodeBuild – CodeBuild is a fully managed build service that supports automation of integration build of source code. With this service, it is possible to save labor for construction and operation of a build server.
- AWS CodeDeploy – CodeDeploy is a service that can automate the deployment to EC 2 instance. There are many processes to minimize downtime when deploying, it will automate it and lead to more efficient work. In addition, even if redundancy etc. are done with multiple EC 2 instances, one can do deployment easily by centralized management.
- AWS Code PipeLine –It is a service that combines the above three tools and supports pipeline definition and execution management.
Stratoscale to Realize Development of Cloud Native Applications under On-Premises Environment
Stratoscale is generally said to be the on-premises version of AWS, but it is a cloud-native application development platform compatible with AWS that can be built on-premises environment. As an AWS compatible platform, Stratoscale provides AWS API and DevOps tools to realize the development of cloud-native applications on-premise. Stratoscale offers fully managed services, is portable, scalable, and enables a 70% reduction in TCO compared to AWS.
Cloud native applications are increasingly being used in various usage environments, for example in jeeps owned by the military, or factories, branches, and mobile. In these demands, Stratoscale, which is portable and realizes cloud-native application development even without a cloud environment, is a superior platform for secure control and operation even in a hybrid cloud.