How can RPA improve customer experience?
RPA improve customer experience : One of the most discussed topic is how Artificial Intelligence and Robotics have created an impact on our workforce and our lives. The need for automation has become vital because employers have realized that they need to work in a truly competitive digital & complex business environment by focussing on value added activities.RPA Improve Customer Experience RPA : One of the most discussed topic is how Artificial Intelligence and Robotics have created an impact on our workforce and our lives. The need for automation has become vital because employers have realized that they need to work in a truly competitive digital & complex business environment by focussing on value added activities.
RPA also known as Robotics Process Automation is a software that allows an effective workforce (bots) to carry out businesses in the respective systems of companies. RPA had started emerging from the early 2000s. Organisations use RPA as it helps in digitization of common agent tasks. With the help of this software an automation platform can be built in front office and back office. It allows the players to construct a ‘robot’s for reasoning, collecting and extracting knowledge and adapting to new circumstances. RPA impacts in a myriad of ways not only employers but also customers and affects their experience. Let’s look how RPA improves their experience –
1) High Return on Investment – Employers can devote more time on interacting with their customers face to face and also focus on the soft skills of their experience. Thus this generates a high return on investment.
2) Better management of customer records – With the help of RPA data remains up-to date with the systems. Keeping multiple system of records are really painful so it become easier to maintain the record data with automated updates. This means chances of making any error also reduces and there will be an accuracy in the customer satisfaction reports . Old service records are also quickly archived.
3) More attention to the needs of customer – Through RPA the quality of work outputs is increased . This enables to give more attention to customer needs 24×7. Also, whenever customer needs any help from call center, RPA can transfer their call and their information to the required teams so that the customer doesn’t have to repeat the information again and all of the time can be solely devoted to solving customer’s problems.
4) Devoting time to value added activities – Human workforce can be transferred to more value added , strategic activities to support the growth of business. This will save time and time can be devoted to customer centric activities. This also enables face to face face sales.
5) Enhance the Word of mouth for businesses – Through the use of RPA response time to the queries of customers can be improved. This will result in less of complaining and more of positive word of mouth ( WoM) .
6) Faster bank services – Now a days customers are demanding faster delivery of financial services anywhere and anytime. Banks have been able to tackle the situation by using RPA tools. These are retail banking, corporate banking, bank services related customer satisfaction, wealth management. RPA allows bank to reduce the processing time and improve services towards customers with increased accuracy. The turn around time is reduced from weeks to just a few days. Customers can track everything online sitting at home. This is how customer satisfaction is increased.
7) Chatbots and virtual shipping assistance -Shopping bots on social media platform for eg – Facebook Messenger has gained much popularity. Retail stores are also using various social bots to enhance customer satisfaction. This also helps in collecting feedback of customers, providing them with information, meet and greet them. Most companies are also using Chatbots as a part of their online customer service . Chatbots recover data much easily and faster.
8) Performing tasks faster – RPA can perform any task almost 4-5 times faster than any agent, improves service-level agreements , efficient enquiry capture .
9) Standardization of work – RPA converts the task of agents to processes such as launching new apps, cutting and then pasting from various apps and basic mathematical calculation. This makes the action of agents more congruous.
Thus it has become evident that the the more time company devotes to the customers , the customer’s experience will be more positive. This has been possible through digitization. Company that uses RPA will always have a competitive advantage over others.